1. Scoutbook is hosted at a secure, state of the art virtual data center facility in Texas owned and operated by IBM.
Redundant, Best-in-Class Infrastructure
Our datacenter maintain multiple power feeds, fiber links, dedicated generators, and battery backup. They are built from industry-leading hardware and equipment, ensuring the highest level of performance, reliability, and interoperability.
2. We comply with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). No child under the age of 13 can register on Scoutbook.
3. We utilize HTTPS encryption on every page of the site ensuring your data is secure from the very first page visit to the last.
4. All passwords are one way hashed using SHA-256 encryption with salt. If our database is ever compromised, hackers cannot get users passwords. Nor can we see any passwords.
5. Secure, transparent communication between leaders and parents. All communication done on Scoutbook goes through the parents. Parents are the only one who can add a Scout’s email address to his profile. Parents are the only one who can give their Scout access to their account.
6. Mailings from leaders to Scouts always include the parents. Parents are CC’d on all communication between adults and the Scout.
7. No storage of SSN. Other software products like PackMaster and TroopMaster store social security numbers. Scoutbook does not nor do we need to. Internet Advancement works fine without it.
8. Real Time Protection Against Hackers.
We utilize the latest technologies to detect and block unwanted visitors to Scoutbook. Our web app tracks failed login attempts, 404’s, form errors, etc. Our system automatically blocks any visitor or automated bot attack that produces more than x faults in a specified period of time.
9. Scoutbook protects all Scouts photos and last names. If a user attempts to join a pack or troop they will not be able to see any details until they are approved and added as a connection to the Scout.
If there are other concerns we are open to discussing them with you anytime. We have spent a lot of time and money upfront to address the security, performance and availability of our services. We are prepared to handle all 2.8 million youth in the BSA and their leaders and families.