You can enter advancements offline and sync them to the system when you get back online.
How it works.
When you are off line you can enter and change advancements using the tool, then when you go online again (with the same device) you will be notified you have items to sync. You can sync all the offline changes or some of them. You can also delete (remove) changes that you don’t want to sync.
Here are the steps to make it happen:
- Bookmark Internet Advancement on your home screen or add a shortcut to http://scoutbook.scouting.org on your home screen of your device.
- Before you go offline, make sure you are logged into Internet Advancement (don’t log off, but you can close your browser, navigate to another website, or do something else on the device.)
- Then you will be able to go back to the bookmark and launch the site even if you are offline (e.g., in airplane mode or out of Wifi or cellular range.)
- You can then approve advancements or change dates while offline
- You can see all the items you have approved or changed and also make desired changes to those items while offline.
- When you go back online, you can sync individual items or all items. You can click on notifications (bell at the top of page, then the notification, or you can click on the choose an action button at the bottom to sync)
When you click on the sync function, you will be able to sync everything, or edit what is in the queue to sync. You can click on an item in the queue and edit it.
The functions are identical on mobile and on desktop but the experience is a bit different.
NOTE: You only have 14 days from when you record an item offline to sync it.
NOTE: You will only be able to edit and sync the offline items from the same device you created them on.